To connect an additional branch to the main pipeline of the pipeline, such an operation is carried out as a tie-in into the pipe. The main advantage of this method is the possibility of its implementation without interrupting the supply of the substance transported through the system (in the case when the pressure indicator in it does not exceed 1.6 MPa).
To carry out the tie-in, a special type of fitting is used - a pipe tie-in brass. The product consists of two halves, one of which has an internal thread and a branch for mounting a coupling or a ball valve. During the installation of the fitting, its components are superimposed on the main pipe on both sides and fixed to each other with bolts.
Pipe tie: scope
The pipe insert has a fairly wide range of applications and is successfully used in water supply and sewerage systems in the residential and industrial sectors, namely:
- if necessary, the organization of additional discharge into the sewer from washing machines;
- when connecting drinking water filters;
- other needs for which it is necessary to ensure the withdrawal of water from the central line.
In addition, a tie-in into a pipe without welding
is carried out if it is necessary to lay an additional line from the heating system, gas pipeline and other systems through which non-aggressive substances (water, saturated water vapor, combustible gas, air) are transported with a temperature of no more than 120 degrees Celsius.
Benefits of brass insert
Plugging into a metal pipe without welding
has a number of advantages over other methods of connecting to the central line:
- a good indicator of resistance to mechanical stress;
- high strength;
- durability due to the good resistance of brass to corrosion;
- ease of installation, which can be done even in the absence of special equipment;
- resistance to temperature extremes and high pressure;
- versatility. Brass pipe insert is compatible with any kind of pipes, both metal and plastic;
- affordable cost.
Before buying a tie-in into a sewer pipe
or any other system, pay attention to the following points:
- Compliance with the diameter of the pipeline.
- The quality of the material. It is not recommended to buy cheap products, since in most cases they do not correspond to the characteristics declared by the manufacturer and “fail” either immediately after installation or after several weeks of operation.
If you want to buy a really high-quality insert in a steel pipe, contact Shlyakh LLC. Our consultants will provide all the information you are interested in and help you choose a product depending on the diameter of the pipeline and the conditions for its future operation.
LLC "Shlyakh" is a guarantee of quality, reliability and durability of all products sold.